Our company is rapidly moving and expanding in many different areas. Here’s what we’ve been up to the last 15 years.
- Dec: The company celebrates its 15 Year Anniversary on December 12.
- Nov/Dec: Victory Media launches its enhanced Military Friendly® ratings for 2017, incorporating new public sources of data, proprietary survey data, and personal feedback from veterans. New award levels highlight not just “Are you Military Friendly®?,” but “How Military Friendly® are you?”
- Oct: Victory Media hires Michael D. Stevens, 13th Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy (retired), as Chief Operating Officer.
- Jul: Military Friendly® ratings of post-secondary schools and mid-to-large size companies incorporate public data sources and Student Veteran/Military Employee personal survey data to benchmark a school’s or companies programs, practices and policies for Veterans, Guard and Reserve members, and military spouses.
- May: The Military Friendly® Brands consumer survey launches to help benchmark and recognize social and material investments that corporations make in support of the military and veteran community.
recognize corporate social responsibility efforts
- Feb: CUNY is named the first public university system to earn the 2016 Military Friendly® School designation.
- Feb: Woman Vetrepreneur® of the Year Finalists appear on Shark Tank.
- Jan: STEM Jobs is featured on WPXI IMPACT.
- Dec: STEM Jobs kicks off its new regional sponsorship program, giving schools and employers the unique opportunity to place STEM Jobs resources in high school classrooms across Allegheny, Butler, Beaver, Washington, Westmoreland and Somerset counties.
- Nov: NaVOBA advocacy results in the city of New York creating a new Department of Veterans Services, with more resources better suited to help the city’s large and diverse veterans community find and access resources.
- Oct: Jolene Jeffries joins Victory Media as VP of Training & Development to take the company’s training solutions to the next level.
- May: The Inaugural STEM JobsSM Approved Employers list is released.
- Dec: First list of STEM JobsSM Approved Colleges is released.
- Nov: The 2015 Military Friendly® Employers are profiled on NBC.com, Forbes.com, BusinessInsider.com and in FORTUNE and Bloomberg Businessweek.
- Oct: NaVOBA names its first annual Minority Vetrepreneur of the Year®.
- Sep: NaVOBA names its first annual Hispanic Vetrepreneur of the Year®.
- Jul: G.I. Jobs® teams with Farmers Insurance to grace the hood of the Farmers Insurance Hendrick Motorsports No. 5 Chevrolet, driven by Kasey Kahne, during the Coca-Cola 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race held at Daytona International Speedway.
- May: NaVOBA names its first annual Woman Vetrepreneur of the Year®.
- Feb: Victory Media publishes its first issue of STEM JobsSM magazine, designed to encourage high school students to “do what they love,” connecting education with careers in science, technology, engineering and math fields.
- Aug: Student Veterans Association (SVA) partners with Military Friendly® Schools for their first virtual college and career event.
- Jun: Military Friendly® is featured in Bloomberg Businessweek.
- May: Victory Media hires Suzie Schwartz, wife of retired Air Force Chief of Staff, and named VP of Military Spouse Programs.
- Apr: Military Spouse Magazine livestreams the Military Spouse of the Year® (MSOY) Annual Awards for the first time.
- Mar: USA Today features the Top 20 “Hot Jobs for Veterans” by G.I. Jobs®.
- Aug: 2012 MSOY Jeremy Hilton appears on AOL series.
- May: GI. Jobs® is mentioned in Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE, and on CNN Money.
- Jun: 2011 MSOY Bianca Strzalkowski is profiled in Huffington Post.
- Apr: Military Spouse Magazine is featured on CNN and FOX News.
- Mar: Army Wife Radio Network discusses NaVOBA’s “Buy Veteran” campaign.
- Feb: AFI sponsors Military Spouse Magazine’s MSOY Award.
- Dec: Chris Hale discusses BuyVeteran.com on CNBC’s Closing Bell, plus Buy Veteran Spokesman Stephen Cochran is featured on Fox & Friends; NaVOBA Member Jim Wasko speaks with NBC News.
- Jul: Forbes.com highlights the Military Friendly® Schools College Matchmaker; MSOY Lori Bell appears on NBC Nightly News, Good Morning America, and Fox & Friends.
- Dec: NaVOBA’s mission and story is featured on GOVPRO.com.
- Jul: Vetrepreneur of the Year® (VOY) Mark Llano is featured in Men’s Health Magazine;
- Jun: NaVOBA is featured on FOX Small Business News; Chris Hale and Scott Denniston speak with the VFW’s “The National Defense” talk radio program.
- May: NaVOBA and Vetrepreneur® are profiled in USA TODAY.
- Apr: G.I. Jobs® celebrates its 100th Issue; NaVOBA honors the “10 Best Corporations for Veteran-Owned Businesses”
- Jan: Military Spouse Magazine names its first annual “Military Spouse of the Year®,” and increases its publication schedule from bi-monthly to monthly; Vetrepreneur® moves from bi-monthly to 10 issues per year.
- Dec: NaVOBA names its first annual “Vetrepreneur of the Year®”.
- Nov: Milspouse.com, the online home of Military Spouse Magazine, launches.
- Sept: Veterans Business Journal magazine changes its name to Vetrepreneur®.
- Aug: G.I. Jobs® prints the first edition of the G.I. Education Handbook.
- Jul: Military Spouse Magazine publishes the first annual “Most Military Spouse Friendly Employers” list.
- Mar: NaVOBA launches its online home, NaVOBA.com.
- Feb: The National Veteran-Owned Business Association (NaVOBA) officially forms to create opportunities for America’s 3 million men and women who made the choice to start a business after military service.
- Oct: Victory Media acquires Military Spouse Magazine from Anchor Media.
- Apr: Veterans Business Journal publishes its first annual “Best Corporations for Veteran-Owned Businesses” list.
- Aug: Veterans Business Journal holds its inaugural Veteran-Owned Business Expo (VOBE) in Annapolis, Maryland.
- Apr: Victory Media launches Veterans Business Journal for the nation’s millions of veteran-owned businesses.
- May: Victory Media becomes GSA-scheduled.
- Nov: G.I. Jobs® publishes its first annual “Most Military Friendly Employers” list.
- Dec: Victory Media incorporates on December 12, 2001; the company publishes its first issue of G.I. Jobs® magazine and launches G.I. Jobs® online.